Monday, May 17, 2010

Where does the time go?

Really, I want to know. It just gets sucked into oblivion the moment I take my eyes off of it.

Summer's coming up...and we're all going home soon. When did this happen?

This is bittersweet for me. Last semester, I was sprinting to the airport, the night my last class got out. This time, I don't leave for 5 days after my last class. It'll be good to be home and see everyone again, and hug my mom and my dogs and cats. But I am falling more in love with California every single day, and I have met some truly amazing people out here, and I'm not sure I'm ready to leave all that just yet. There are so many people I have met recently that I wish I met earlier in the semester, so we could have been hanging out more. So, here's to more fun adventures next semester!

I'm also not stoked on going home, because I have to get surgery. A few months ago, it seemed like I had a really long time to gear up for this day. But now, my first pre-surgery appointment is in 10 days...and that starts my journey. I joke around about this A LOT because I like to laugh about things that truthfully terrify me to the endth degree.

The good news about going home, besides seeing all my FL friends and family: I have a huge list of things I want to watch, read, experience and accomplish. I'm really excited to jump into that, and learn more about myself and what I want, in the process.

2 comments:

  1. I laugh in uncomfortable situations. I can't help it, I just laugh and it's weird. haha

    You'll be in my prayers about your surgery- and just in general :) If you're going to be in the hospital for more than like 2 days, make sure I know- I love bringing balloons and such :)

    Can't wait to see you! I don't have your number, and I'm not sure how to get you mine? If you figure it out, let me know haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah! You're wonderful. I'll be in the hospital for 5-7 days, haha.

    I'll try and figure out how to get our numbers to each other, haha...otherwise I'll send you a pigeon w/ a note on his leg

    ReplyDelete