Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Early Morning Motivation

It's been one of those months where I can't keep track of my brain. I'd like to commend it for being out in the world doing (or, at least thinking about doing) crazy awesome things. But I'd also like to welcome it back into my head, whenever it's ready. I know my screenwriting teacher is ready for another script from me, and well... I need my brain for that.

I don't really want to rush it, because I know it's out there, working hard and figuring out who we are (her and I), but sometimes I worry it's working too hard. Plus, I worry about it out there, spending so much time away from my body. We've got a pretty big checklist of things to get done ourselves, before we can start gathering new projects, and more unrealistic expectations of things we need to do, or who we need to be, in the next year.

So, for the short time being, while I'm actually connected with my brain (she should really have her own name by now... and let's hope she sticks around long enough for my midterm this morning), I want to take this time to remind us (me, and the others out there who, too, have lost their brains to what they think are bigger and better things)...that we really are good enough. For anything we want to be good enough for! I know this is hard to believe if you're like me and compare yourself to every living organism on this planet...but I promise it's true!

I get down on myself a lot for wanting, or wanting to do too many things. I never thought having too many wild dreams would be a bad thing, until I realized that there wasn't enough time in a day to be 50 places at once...and still pass all my classes. So, that is why I'm reminding myself now (and anyone who needs it), that WE ARE AWESOME!! We are awesome for even wanting to do so many things, and for tackling the things that we do, everyday!

So, we're full right now... One day, our lives will slow down a tiny bit and open up just enough for something new. And being full is not a bad thing...as long as you're full of things you love!

So friends, heed my warning:

DON'T JUDGE YOURSELF.

Be your best friend.

Love Yourself.

...or how can you expect anyone else to?

And there ARE people out there who want to love you. And they might not even know it yet.
Grab a hold of that brain of yours and show off what ya' got!

It's taken me a long, and rather painful road to get here (and posting a blog of early morning ramblings by no means makes me an expert, oorrr means that I'm cured of all my negative thoughts), but... I'm trying harder to love myself. So that I can welcome in love from others.

Sometimes when I'm being extremely hard on myself, I picture myself as Toddler-Me.

Like this:

Get a mental picture of you as a little happy baby kid. (I know I have a few).
And then I think.... "What did she ever to do you?"

And seeing me, with a toothless smile and sunglasses on, makes me feel a little bad for hating on myself as long as I did.


I thought I was a superstar then, why don't I now?


And while I honestly believe that the best things come out of me late PM/early AM, I still don't think it's a good sign when I'm still up writing (homework 1st, blog 2nd), when the roommates' alarms go off at 6:30 am, to go surfing...


So, I'll leave you with this, before my train of thought runs off it's tracks:

"Live life fully while you're here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You're going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don't try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human."

- Tony Robbins, is a best-selling author and motivational speaker. *



* taken from an excerpt from The Daily Love

1 comment:

  1. love the dual personality thing, thats how i feel sometimes. Dreaming big is soo much better than dreaming small. Small dreamers dont have much to choose from. and i will take "I'm trying harder to love myself. So that I can welcome in love from others." wise girl.

    ps. looove the pics hahaha

    keep em coming!! you have so much wisdom to impart!

    ReplyDelete