Sunday, December 30, 2012

Two days happy, five days sad;
It pained my heart and my eyes,
to see I hurt you so bad. 

I am sorry. 

Will you forgive me if I speak out of line?
I'm a lot to handle, even early on.
I penned all my pain on paper and stuffed those pages in your pocket.

I told you all about the times that scarred me most.
And the times that saved me, many of the latter connected with you.

I wish that you had never seen all the tears that I cried.
But you held me, and your arms seemed to say,
"I will always hold you this close. Always."
And when your voice echoed that embrace, my heart grew wings, that flew high above us, and the whole way I kept thinking-
"If it gets any sweeter than this, I don't want to know."

You touched me with a warmth I never knew.
We held undoubtable potential in those precious moments.

I didn't write for two whole months, before you.
 Then, almost suddenly, my mind and my pages were filled with thoughts and images and tiny pink flowers and ideas of loving someone so irresistibly sincere.

Now, you're a beautiful mystery that I'm still afraid to crack.
And I'm a monster.
Feeling every detail, and fighting every feeling.

Encircled always, by a heaviness.
Sometimes it really is just a look, that sends me back down, falling.
Doubting myself; but the whole way, loving you.

Never have I felt so insecure, in a realtionship I care so much about.

I've been bruised before and I've done bruising.
I've felt pain.
But none like the day you confessed that loving me was a punishment.
How it broke me to know that I was the source of the hurt behind those disappointed eyes.

The only thing I regret more than that is my own reflection.

I want to see you smile more. You have such a nice smile. It lights me up from the inside-out.

You came to love my childish laugh. You came to love my wounded heart, that I tried to shield from you. But it didn't take long for you to break the walls down.

I asked, will you forgive me when I speak out of line?
Would you notice me in Grand Central Station?
If you ever lost me, would you know where to look?

Now, I miss summer - the times we both liked me best.
I miss a time with you I never even knew.

My heart beats too big for my body, but you can fix anything with a kiss.

You held my face, looked me in my eyes and said -
"It's up to you."
And that scares me.

What if I can't choose? What if I make the wrong choice? What if I hurt you again? What if I lose you? What if I feel nothing at all?

I've been looking, I've been dreaming, I've been walking, I've been moving on...
Attempting to fit, just anywhere...

I'm trying to fit the whole world in my hands, rather than remembering to hold on to what I have.

I told myself, one day soon, I would follow my heart.

Don't forget you love me.
Don't forget why you love me; or how we were so easily capable of such early joy.

I want to be yours.

Let me make you happy.
Your mind, your body, though especially your heart.

I wish you would:
Laugh with me, dance with me, sing with me -
"We're not perfect, for if we were, something as beautiful as this song wouldn't exist."

In this moment, in this city, in this chapter I hope you never tear out,
I want to mean the most to you.

I don't think it matters so much which foot you start out on,  as long as you keep on walking.

I've been running my whole life,
and I stopped to look at you.
Don't write me off 'till the morning, baby,
I'll stay if you want me to.


The girl who'd say goodbye to you is out of her mind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment