Tuesday, May 29, 2012

impromptu free-write.

For the first time in a long time, I felt like writing again. So, I went to a favorite corner coffee shop by my apartment, ate lunch alone in the sun, and this is what came out of that. 

The breeze blows my pages up as I struggle to get all my thoughts out, poetically. 
My brain often races, much like the man crossing the street in the final seconds of the walk signal. 
But few times has my heart felt this full.
Mama said there'd by days like that. And there were.
Days revealing the deepest, darkest places I've ever known. 
Not sure what it took for the clouds to change and bring a little lightness my way...but I'm sitting in it now and it is sweet.
Blooming tiny pink flowers on even the tallest of my willows. 
They're getting their happy back, just in time for summer. 
So long sweet misery, you are no longer serving me. 
I'm in the light at the end of the tunnel, looking back at all the grayness that made me stronger. 
How full I feel, crossing over and not looking back, conquering fears.
Staring down at my feet, amazed at how far they've taken me already. 
And how much further they'll go. 
Stay with me for a while, new friend. 
While I share with you my sadness and gladness, struggles and strengths, wellness and woes. 
And when we're done, all I ask is a smile. 
Yours is the best I've ever seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment