Friday, June 18, 2010

Grads, Greeks and recent sadness.

Now, Post-Grad wasn't on "my list" per-say, but it just came out on payperview. I approached this movie in rather the same way I did about "I Love You, Beth Cooper", just kinda like... mehh. But, since I am usually a fan of Alexis Bledel's work (you can also find her in the tv show "Gilmore Girls", which I LOVE, and "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants"), and since I have been feeling irrationally sad about everything lately, and was home alone, looking for something light and easy, I decided to give it a try. The movie is about a recent college graduate who has to move back in with her parents while she decides what to do next, and yadda yadda. In my opinion, it had a pretty cool cast (Michael Keaton, Jane Lynch and Carol Burnett also starred). And lest we forget Ryden (Alexis Bledel)'s best friend Adam, played by Zach Gilford (ADORABLE!), and her hot Brazilian neighbor Rodrigo Santoro.

I wasn't a fan of Ryden and her hot Brazilian neighbor, David's meet cute... well, not the second one at least. I liked the pancakes part, not the cat part. (How about that for a cliffhanger?!) But it did make for entertaining talks with Andrew.

I was emotionally moved from one scene to the next, but let's be honest here.. I'm a sucker for rom-coms!


Unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot to share on this movie, because it's still in theaters, and I'm sure a lot of people are planning on going to see it, so I don't want to give anything away....aaaand because I took a nap somewhere in the middle, so I'm missing a rather large and important chunk of the movie. I will say that there were some good one-liners, and some cool editing effects/camera work. It was not the funniest movie of 2010, but if you're looking for something goofy with a positive "universal truth" and guaranteed happy ending, this just might be the movie for you.

Ok, now I hate complaining (unless it's about something funny that I can make jokes about), but I also think it's important to own your feelings, and be honest witcha yo'self. So, I'm doing my best to find the humor in this situation. I mentioned above that everything has been making me irrationally sad, but it's really true. The past couple days I have cried about so many things, it's crazy. Like, even silly things.. and combine that w/ the fact that I haven't been too keen on how things have been going this past week, and it's an ugly combination. It reminds me of when T.O.M was here a while ago and I was so emotional that like, I would cry when I was hungry or something. It was like I digressed back into baby-form and my only form of communication was tears. This time, T.O.M is not a factor, so my only idea as to why I'm bordering on depression (not really), is perhaps because of my surgery? The countdown is at 5 days. The closer we get to that date, the worse I feel. And that, my friends, is why I will be spending the weekend at Disney! What's the best cure for utter sadness? A trip to the happiest place on Earth, of course!

3 comments:

  1. a) Disney is the best remedy ever, is it not? Okay. Glad we got that out of the way.

    b) I, too, am a sucker for rom-coms, and I believe people who resist them are only pretending. Everyone's a closet rom-com lover.

    c) I'm sorry you're so sad! Ugh, I hate when I get in a funk, but that usually means that happy times are just around the bend so I try to take it in stride. I'm sure your surgery will go well, and I will definitely be thinking about you in these next few days!

    d) I love. LOVE. Zach Gilford. Do you watch Friday Night Lights?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is! haha, I want to go back right now.

    And I think you're right! What's not to love in a rom-com?

    It's okay... I hate funks too. I will gladly carry your optimism with me in the coming days! And thanks :)

    I don't watch that show, this is the first time I've ever seen him and I fell in love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, he is on Friday Night Lights, and he is SO adorable on that show. That was the first time I ever saw him, and I just think he's the cutest.

    ReplyDelete