Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Movies.

I posted a note on my Facebook asking for movie recs. I need to watch more movies, being a film student and all. And since I'm going to have a lot of recovery time on my hands this summer, I feel like now's the perfect time to start. I figured I'll watch as many as I can, and then recap my thoughts here.


Going in, I had heard mixed reviews about this movie. It seemed like people either loved it or hated it. My thoughts? I liked it very much. Normally, I'm not for horror/thriller things, but this one didn't give me nightmares. The crazy lady who shh'd us in the trailer and the film, still freaked me out... but other than that and a few small jumps (that, and cuddling Allie, my movie watching buddy and her new puppy under a blanket), I faired pretty well.

Let's talk technical. The lighting in this movie was incredible! I was so inspired. And Leo's performance of course, as always, was amazing! I would definitely recommend this movie to people, even if they already know what happens at the end. I knew the ending coming in (from hearing/seeing people talk about it), and it didn't ruin my watching experience in the slightest.

Let's talk movies... and anything else!

2 comments:

  1. I threw the idea of seeing Shutter Island around in my head for awhile. I think it looks incredible, and besides, Leo is incredible and I love watching him act, but I cannot do scary movies. And I mean that so seriously. Harry Potter scares me. I just don't see it happening. But I'm glad to hear someone enjoyed it. I, like you, heard very mixed reviews! I can't wait to see the other movies you review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way, haha.. Harry Potter scares me too. I always think like, "ok, I'm a film student...I need to see all these movies".. but then there's so many I can't psych myself up for.. I am seriously lacking in the horror genre. Those just aren't worth it to me, because then I can't sleep and always feel like something's following me. So, I knew if I was going to see Shutter Island, it would take someone else to initiate it, or basically drag me there. I thought this was going to happen in SF in the theaters, but I dodged that bullet. So, when I saw this movie, I was at a friend's house to hangout and have movie night. The choices were Shutter Island orr.. White Mist or something scarier sounding, I forget. Soo Shutter Island it was! Haha, but it was pretty incredible. All in all, I'm glad I checked it off my list.

    ReplyDelete