Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter and upcoming greatness

I hope everyone had a truly great Easter! =)

This was the first year that I didn't have a really happy, Eastery feeling or an overall good day. Maybe it's because this is the first year that I haven't done family stuff at my Grandma's or been around my family at all. Even Alex and I didn't do our usual Easter tradition. Instead, we took turns sleeping all day and rose occasionally for various technologies. Him, the tv, and me, the computer, where I tried to be halfway-productive, but ended up swapping hilarious online videos with Andrew periodically...throughout the whole day. My mom sent an Easter box out here with chocolate and goodies in it for me, Alex, Dre, Andrew and Lauren...and I was so thankful for that, because it made me feel like home, and she sent stuff for all of us, because she is so sweet. My mom and I have been iChatting lately too, which is really great.

Poor Alex, him and I are both stressed to the core, and though we hide it pretty well from others, the stress-claws come out around each other far too often. It's been hard to separate work and school and stress, from home...so we're working on that.

It's really important to remember how blessed we all are. Easter is a perfect day for this...to really think about how lucky we all are.

I know that I am a really lucky person, but sometimes I think we all forget, myself included. I thought it might be helpful to get out all the stuff I've been stressed/worried about lately, and counteract it with a positive. Because there's always a positive side to things, though you may not realize it at the time.

- SCHOOL.
+ I'll have a degree soon(ish) and be on my way to the film biz, which I love.

- DOCUMENTARY (and it's many failed attempts).
+ I have a new idea now, that I will either get applauded for my last minute attempt...OR it will just go up in flames. BUT, if the class laughs at all, I'll be good.

- $$$$$.
+ It could be worse.

- SURGERY.
+ Yeah, that just sucks. But... it's in the summer...so that's the good part! Summer in Florida, definitely looking forward to a break. (no pun intended...as they break me open).

Also, lots of good things are coming up.
wedding(s), roadtrips/airtrips, my performance, end of the semester (in 7 weeks!), family, friends, food and fun... FLORIDA! =)


It's no secret how much I love music. All kinds. One thing I love about music, aside from it's ability to fit my every mood, is that I don't think there's anyone on the planet who would say, "I don't like any type of music. At all." It's a universal uniter, and probably the only thing that does such. Anyway, since moving out on my own across the country, I have become even more attached to the power of music. Another surgery plus side? I'm seriously considering learning guitar and/or jumping back into my piano "roots" and trying to dabble in the songwriting business with Alex. (This might also get me into gear for the voice class I'm taking for my minor in the Fall).

Music is constantly playing in my apartment and a song that came on my last.fm playlist today which I thought fit perfectly to this post was Danny Gokey - My Best Days are Ahead of Me.
Definitely check it out, if you haven't heard it already... it's such an uplifting song.

That's a taste of what's to come. More later.

- Des

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel about Easter. I think it was my first bad holiday away from home and I am only two hours away, I can only imagine how you feel. But at least you did have Alex! I hope your holidays to come are much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time my sister went on a date with a guy and he told her he didn't like music. Needless to say, there was no second date! I like to think about all the positive things in my life, too, especially when I let all the negative feelings of schoolwork creep into my everyday life. That's when I know it's time to change something! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW!?!?! Good for her, that guy was probably bad news haha

    ReplyDelete