Sunday, April 25, 2010

Jillian Michaels obviously never went to film school.

I tried Jillian, I tried! I'm not giving up on you...I'm simply putting you off for a little bit.

To be honest, I don't really have the time or energy to update right now, but I haven't written in quite some time, because I've been too busy, so I figured that my two whole followers deserve a small dose of Destini.

Let me give you a little taste of what my life has been like the past couple weeks, and what it's going to be like for the next four. It has been a non-stop filming party! On Friday, I had a film shoot in Berkeley, CA 10am-5pm, then I came back and had a meeting with my new director friend. Saturday, I was busy the entire day, leading up to another film shoot in Burlingame, CA from 5:30pm-4am. I had previously been asked to take over a spot in another film shoot in Golden Gate Park today, when multiple people bailed on a guy I know. The shoot was scheduled from 7am-7pm, with a three hour break in the middle 12-3 when I had to run to the sound labs and mix sounds for my upcoming film. At about 5:30am, I realized agreeing to that was a horrible, horrible mistake and I too backed out. I felt horrible about it, even though I shouldn't, because I was the only one with a good reason for backing out... I literally couldn't open my eyes. I would have probably pushed myself to go, despite utter exhaustion, except that this week is also going to be extremely busy, climaxing with my performance in Vagina Monologues at the end of the week (pun intended).

I regretted not committing more to Jillian like I had planned, yesterday/this morning at the shoot, when I spent the majority of my screen-time in a bathing suit. But honestly, how does she expect me to squeeze her in with this crazy schedule I have? I'm planning on going back to the gym tomorrow... so little by little, I'll work her back into my life.

I'm not a violent person, but there's a lot of people I feel like punching these days.
Well, not really. I would never do that, but a lot of people are trying to fight me and when I get mad, I only threaten violence.
"I will punch you. I will dropkick you. I will cage-fight you. I will light you on fire."
But of course I would never do that.

I do however, have a lot of anger to unleash...and screaming a bunch of times (in character) in that film yesterday felt reeeeally good. I'm thinking about joining a kickboxing class or something when I get back to FL for the couple weeks I have free before my surgery.


Plus side: I've met a lot of really cool people lately, and I'm already excited for next semester!

3 comments:

  1. When are you coming back to FL? That better mean seeing me. Or else I really will fight you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May 21! Definitely seeing you, I don't wanna get beat up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I'm sure you looked great in your bathing suit. And secondly, I, too, have a short list (it has one person on it) of people I would consider punching if I were the punching/violent type. I think we all have one. ;)

    ReplyDelete