Friday, March 2, 2012

Photo Challenge

I've always thought that having some type of journal is very important. My friend Kevin has been writing in a journal every night, since he was in eighth grade. I can't help but be thrilled for his future family who gets to read his journal entries for generations to come, even after he's gone. What a special gift. I love writing... it's something I took to right away, as a child. I would write short stories like it was my job. Coincidentally, now I am basing a future career off of writing. I haven't been as good as Kevin about keeping a journal, (or better yet) - about keeping track of my journals, but I do enjoy writing, and I enjoy blogging. It is so cool to me, to read these little insights into people's worlds, while sharing mine. I will always be fascinated with people. Plus, sitting here at my computer, with my coffee just makes me feel so much more like a writer, and I love that.

I am in a writing for multimedia class now, where it is academically valuable for me to write in my blog, read other blogs, and just keep track of people and the news, and everything fascinating (for better or for worse), about our human race. To be honest, I need practice in this...and that fact is evidenced by the amount of times I blogged this February. I really want this to become a habit again, so I'm taking Sarah's lead and I will be doing a Photo Challenge, to get my wheels turning again. And I think it's a cute, fun, little thing to do once in a while. I'm always curious about people's quirks and opinions.

In case you're curious about mine, this is...




Day 01: A picture of yourself with 10 facts.

(this one of me is particularly classy, I think).


1. I just recently started regularly drinking coffee. This is a habit that has been years in the making. I kept trying it, especially when I was tired, hoping that my body would just humor me, and at least pretend to wake itself up a little bit, but it always, without fail, made me even sleepier. I knew I was in trouble when I ordered a coffee with an extra quad shot of espresso, because I had to write all night for a class, and I fell asleep at my computer. It was like my body had a force-field against all caffeine. Turns out, I'm a light roast kinda gal. I'm not promising I never sleep after coffee anymore, but give me a bold roast and I can guarantee you a blackout.

2. I dance when I get nervous. Always... which doesn't make much sense, because it's just attracting even more attention to my nervous self. But the more nervous I get, the more I dance.

3. I laugh all the time. I love laughing! But sometimes I even laugh at inappropriate times... like if I get bad news, I might sort of laugh at first, and then start crying.

4. I'm pretty sure I like animals better than people. I need them in my life or I will not survive.

5. Kristen Bell described me perfectly, when she was describing herself on Ellen. "If I'm not between a 3 and 7 on the emotional scale, I'm crying." That's exactly how I am. If I get too sad or too happy, I cry.

6. I often worry that I won't have enough time in my life to accomplish and experience everything that I want to.

7. Sometimes I think I'm nocturnal. I have such a hard time falling asleep at night, and such a hard time waking up in the mornings.

8. I have an irrational fear of roller-coasters. I semi-conquered this fear with my friend Dan at Universal this Christmas break, but I am nowhere cured. It took a lot of convincing to get me on the children's coaster. And at Disney, I am still afraid of the "Barnstormer".... a roller-coaster where you ride in an airplane....that Goofy drives.

9. I can't swallow pills. I know, I am sounding like more of a baby, the more I type. And it doesn't matter that I swallow pieces of food bigger than most pills... as soon as I see that little pill bottle, my throat closes up, and it's game over.

10. I still sleep with a stuffed dog, Linus, that I've had since I was 3. I don't like traveling without him and I very rarely do. In 10th grade, I left him in an airport on accident and I cried. (Luckily, a flight attendant found him...otherwise I still wouldn't be recovered from that experience).

No comments:

Post a Comment